Delicious cupcakes! This was originally a cake recipe but in my experience the result is much better in cupcake form: Cupcakes are easier to bake and easier to serve. Bonus points: the kids love them!
- 250 gr sugar
- 150 gr melted butter (lukewarm)
- 3 eggs
- 2 sachets of vanilla
- 200 gr strained yoghurt (greek style)
- 250 gr flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons of hot water
- chocolate chips (optional)
- nutella and small candies for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- In a mixer, beat together sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Beat hard for 4 minutes until the sugar melts.
- Add yoghurt and continue beating until the mixture is even..
- Lower the mixer speed and add the flour. Beat is some more.
- In a separate bowl, melt the cocoa with the hot water. Add 1/4 of the cake mixture and stir well.
- Add the rest of the cake mixture and stir lightly, so that there will be distinct chocolate “vanes” in the mixture.
- Using a spoon, fill paper cupcake cones with the mixture and put them in the special cupcake baking pan.
- OPTIONAL – Before putting the cupcakes in the oven, sprinkle their top with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- OPTIONAL – After baking, top the cupcakes with a teaspoon of nutella and some sprinkled candy.