After numerus experiments and combinations based on several recipes I found online, I think I have finally come up the perfect recipy for home-made waffles: nice and fluffy, not too sweet but full of flavor.
- 2 eggs
- 300 gr flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 80 gr melted butter
- 1 sachet of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 400 ml of warm milk
6 – 8 waffles, depending on the waffle iron.
- Separate the eggs (yolks-whites). Keep the egg whites separately for later.
- Beat the yolks in the mixer.
- Add the sugar, butter, vanilla and orange zest in succession and continue to mix the mixture.
- Add the milk and the flour.
- In a second bowl, beat the egg whites until they become a meringue.
- Add the meringue to the mixture, but do NOT beat it, just combine it with the mixture with a ladle.
- Take small quantities, put them in the waffle iron and bake.
- Serve with nutella and strawberries or slices of banana (or whatever you like actually).