There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory mentioned, which states that this has already happened.Douglas Adams
With a name inspired by one of my favourite authors, this is the place where I write about life, the universe and everything.
* 42: The answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe and everything.
- IKEA Display caseAn easy DIY solution for hosting my growing collection of scale models.
- Chocolate-vanilla yoghurt cupcakesDelicious cupcakes! This was originally a cake recipe but in my experience the result is much better in cupcake form: Cupcakes are easier to bake and easier to serve. Bonus points: the kids love them!
- Vanilla and orange flavoured fluffy wafflesAfter numerus experiments and combinations based on several recipes I found online, I think I have finally come up the perfect recipy for home-made waffles: nice and fluffy, not too sweet but full of flavor.
- IKEA hack: a headboard for the MALM bedAn easy, cheap but elegant custom headboard for the IKEA MALM double bed.
- Traditional Greek pie (with feta cheese and/or spinach)After popular demand, here is our recipe for a traditional greek pie (with feta cheese and/or spinach). This specific variation was “perfected” by my wife and it is easy to… Read more: Traditional Greek pie (with feta cheese and/or spinach)
- Project: converting the Anet A8 to a CoreXY type 3D printerIn the summer of 2017 I started the conversion of my Anet A8 3D printer to an AM8, essentialy replacing the flimsy acrylic frame of the printer with a new one made… Read more: Project: converting the Anet A8 to a CoreXY type 3D printer
- Printbed adhesionOne of the common problems you face with a 3D printer like the Anet A8 is Printbed adhesion. FFF (fused filament fabrication) printers work by laying hot strands of plastic… Read more: Printbed adhesion
- Windows 10 boot loader repairIn the last 10 days, I came up with two similar cases of laptops being suddenly unable to boot. It appeared that the boot loader was corrupted, making them unable to boot into Windows 10. Here are the steps I followed in order to fix them.
- 3D printer enclosureChoosing and building an enclosure for my 3D printer.
- New hobby: 3D printingSo… for the past 6 months I’ve acquired a new hobby: 3D printing! I’ve been toying with the idea of buying and or building a 3D printer for over a year but I was putting it off as I was extremely resource constrained (time, space, money). Just before Christmas however, a seemingly random ad in my Facebook timeline spurred my interest. As for most things nowadays, you can find relatively cheap chinese clones of various open source 3D printer designs. After a little research, I decided to buy an Anet A8. It’s based on the Prusa i3 open source design.